Sunday, May 24, 2009


Man having this blog thing is exhusting.  I would like to apologize to all of those who check my blog every day in hope of some new exciting Ukrainian stories.  Those people probably do not exist but in case they do.  Like always all is well here still. Been to Kiev twice since I last wrote.  A lot to see in the city, huge city, population around 4 million people.  Also went to a village near by, really cool to see black swans as well as what a small rich village looks like.  

Besides that training has gone by so fast, another 3 weeks and I will be on my own. Not looking forward to leaving my beautiful apartment, my family, and 9 other American volunteers that I have been training with.  To answer all of you who have asked if I am fluent in Russian, simply no.  Therefore, living on my own in 3 weeks in a small village should be interesting. Nervous for the move of course but excited (I think).

 So yea next few weeks consist of more language classes as well as planning our summer camp.  We will be running a 4 day summer camp for 7th graders. Should be fun if we manage to get through the whole language barrier.  Thats about all, and then of course packing and heading to Kiev for 4 days where we will be sworn in and finally get our site placements.  Kind of annoying not knowing where we will be going, especially since the Peace Corps will know next Friday.  

Been reading a lot lately as well, I am going to start a list somewhere on my blog of the books that I have read, maybe the ones I plan on reading as well.  If you have read one please let me know, I always love hearing what others have to say or think about things.  Well thats all I got for now, please continue shooting me emails, love to hear from all of you. Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. dude that beard is out of control, i would rather you grow back the terrorist beard. ha! good to hear everything is going ok with you and i love the your jeep! (excuse me, my jeep). anyway have fun and i will talk to you soon man!

    peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey bud good to hear from ya. glad all is well over there. still stuck at school and stuff here... fun stuff, wish i could be out doing something different but hey i neeed to finish my degree. well talk to ya later bud.

    much love,
    -Ian

    ReplyDelete