Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Holiday!!


These weekend was another holiday.  They have a tradition of going to the graves of loved ones and eating food and leaving candy and bread at the gravesight.  The cemetary was way different then any American one that I have seen. Each person has a small fenced in area, some have little benches or tables inside of the fenced area.  The tombstones also had a picture of what the person looked like.  So we went to the cemetary for a few hours and then came back here and ate a lot of food!  Katie, Vanessa, and Alicia joined my family for the festivites.   

Another long week ahead of me, teaching my second class tomorrow.  Plenty of Russian practice ahead of me tonight.  Wednesday I am going to Kiev with my group and Katya, our language instructor.  I can't wait to see the city, plus after this we are allowed to travel there alone, which will serve as a nice meeting place with our scattered peace corps volunteers.  Thursday we assist the english teachers in the schools and Friday and Saturday more training!  Hope all is well with everyone at home, love hearing from you all.  Have a great day!

1 comment: